Environmental sustainability statement
Updated 2 January 2020
- Structure, business and supply chain
Delmarre Design is a new design service that offers the highest standard of photography in Western Australia. We are serious about our brand because it’s part of our identity and so is our commitment to developing our ethical trading model.
We believe transparency is the best way we can ensure the public that we are doing our best as an ethical enterprise. In that spirit, we recognise the need to publish an annual statement for environmental sustainability impact, in which we identify and explain the environmental impact of our activities and the steps we are taking to measure and address it. Our efforts towards net positive environmental impact complement our broader Policies (under development) and our adoption of the Ethical Trading Initiative.
Delmarre Design is headquartered in Perth, Australia and sells its products and services throughout Western Australia. Our services create high end art products through the highest quality photography and design. Our printed product range is manufactured and printed in Australia. This allows us to focus our oversight and influence over one discrete geographic region. We recognise raw materials for these products may be sourced world-wide by our suppliers.
Where possible, we engage suppliers who have relationships with existing suppliers so that we can contain our supplier network and improve consistency in sustainable environmental practices throughout the supply chain.
Delmarre Design accepts responsibility for the effects our operations have on both the local and global environment and is committed to working towards a net positive environmental impact. Whilst developing our ethical trading model and embracing our commitment to the Ethical Trading Initiative, we recognise the need to publish an annual environmental impact statement. This will allow us to share our efforts to measure our environmental impact and improve and measure our success each financial year.
The coming financial year ending 30 June 2020, we will review the following key steps:
- Environmental sustainability policies
Notably, we are developing our Environmental Impact Policy, which will be found within our CSR Policy (under development).
• Relationships: Strengthening our supplier engagement process
• Knowledge: Improving our knowledge base by collecting relevant data and improving product traceability
• Third party engagement: Building strategic alliances with independent environmental auditors, unions and NGOs
• Measurable change: Developing verifiable KPIs to measure progress
• Supplier collaboration: Encouraging suppliers to collaborate to address environmental sustainability issues
• Incentivisation: Developing mechanisms to incentivise suppliers to address environmental sustainability and improve ecological standards.
2. Identifying, assessing and managing impact
We will manage environmental sustainability impact in our supply chains by:
• Instituting an annual review questionnaire for existing suppliers to understand suppliers’ self-assessment of environmental sustainability issues, allowing us to collect supplier-provided data to track improvement in suppliers’ attitudes
• Sourcing and promoting a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
3. Key performance indicators
In order to assess the effectiveness of our environmental sustainability impact measures we will be reviewing the following key performance indicators and set targets for ongoing improvement:
• Net environmental impact
• Number of environmental sustainability impact incidents reported in the supply chain.
Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relate to our activities.
5. Offset greenhouse gas emissions
Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
6. Education and training
Implement a training program for our staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving our performance. E.g Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
The statement wording for our environmental sustainability statement has been adapted from https://www.environmentalpolicy.org.uk/statement.html.